Sunday, September 14, 2008

Running is my life

I was asked this question (while reading Runner's World on the bus), "coach, do you live and breath running all the time?" Well, yes... at least for the moment it is my life. I run on my own, I coach a great group of kids and run with them, I read running, I think about running... I am running...

Running centers me. It keeps me grounded and focused. I used it when I was working for stress release and to think through problems. It is something that gives me purpose these days and a means to take a break from the job search.

Besides... I am three weeks away from the Portland Marathon. This will be #3 in a year. I'm not as focused on the training as I have been in the past. Right now I'm just trying to keep up mileage and stay free from injury. Knock on wood...

In 2 weeks we have the Nike Pre-National XC meet. It'll be a conflict of interest for me... SEHS will be there (go Axemen!), but so will my Warriors. Too bad McChesney is down south for a different invitational...

I run because I can. And as long as I can run, I'll never stop.

No comments: