Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another season coming to a close

So this is the second year @ Aloha HS working with the Warrior XC program. Last year was much easier when I wasn't working for 2 months, so juggling work, coaching the kids, coaching my wife, and getting my own running back on track, it's been a crazy last 2 months.

The good news is that I'm running strong again. The new shoes are certainly helping out a lot... yes Marvin, it's gotta be the shoes.

The kids did great this season. We had hopes that the girls could possibly make it to state, which would have made an amazing season for them unbelievable. When the dust settled today, they finished third, which was great... but 3 points out of second place. It was a heart breaker, but they gave it their absolute best and ran their hearts out. That's all we expect out of them. On paper, Westview looked to be the #2 team and we did our best to break them up. Annie will be going on to state along with Alex on the boys side. So, it's back to LCC again to a course that I know all too well having run it multiple times in my day.

Now that time will be a little less hectic I can get my mileage back up and start to think about Eugene. 2:45... we'll see.

No comments: