Saturday, April 5, 2008

Race 4 the Roses

Race #2 of the year went off without a hitch. I was skeptical at first that I'd be able to run it, but the week went well and I decided to go for it. I couldn't do my usual pre-race plan since mom was up for the weekend, but I wasn't worried (Oba! = yummy!!!). Sometimes it pays to not be so anal about the pre-race plan.

Got to the start on time, the warm up was nice (jogging from the parking to the Convention Center), and what was even better was having the warm indoor area of the convention center to stretch in. Yes, it was freakin' cold out... 42 F at the start and it had been raining.

The race was perfect. I set my pace to slow down the first mile and adjust for the hills and downhills. I wanted to keep right at 7 min pace and make this an "easy" race. Slightly aggressive going up Front Ave., then relaxing pace going down Broadway. The winds were cold and gusty at times, but never too severe. The sun broke about halfway through the race, and that was nice.

Overall, 1:30:48, pace = 6:56. Right on track for Eugene!

No comments: