Monday, April 28, 2008

Anatomy of an Injury

OK, so I did some "light" reading (not that I hadn't already done this before), but this thing called the IT Band is rather fascinating. The fact that it primarily will only show up in running and cycling makes it a double edged sword for me.

I won't bore anyone with the details, but you can google the hell out of this for treatment, stretching, diagnosis, long term effects, surgery, cortisone treatments, Yoga, whatever you desire.

So what matters here is that today I got shot up with cortisone. I can theoretically run tomorrow, but I may wait another day to let the magic work. Right now my ass is on fire from the shot (to be expected, last time I got a shot in my foot, that burning sensation went halfway up my leg). I know, TMI...

The doctor still seems to think that I could concevably still run Eugene as a training run. My kind of doc, prescribes a 26 mile run for rehab... lol

I'm moving forward with caution. I don't want to be down for a whole month becuause I did something stupid. A week would be acceptable though... ;-)

No comments: