Sunday, January 11, 2009

And here we go...


Call me crazy... so this is marathon #4 in 2 years. The training has begun. But this is Boston.
This one is different. So yes, it's time to get serious about the training. The last 2 years since recovering from the surgeries have been, well, interesting. I built up the base, now it's time for some speed. Why so serious? Why not... I think that if I stick to the program, I can have one hell of a race.

Week one of the training has gone very well. I hit my mileage goals and the interval training was better than expected.

Weekly totals: 51 miles
Interval workout: 6 x 1000m @ 3:30 (all were within a few seconds of goal pace, last one was the fastest).
Tempo runs: 3 @ sub-7 pace
Long run: 12.1 miles on Leif Erickson trail (hilly) at a comfortable 7:40 ave

I will break 3 hours, the question is by how much...

14 weeks to go...

3 comments:

Al said...

Sub 3 at Boston...you're not stopping for the Wesley girls?!?! WTF!! PR on some lame course, run for fun at Boston. ;)

PusherofBooks said...

Better not stop for the Wellesley girls.

TwinLabs said...

Wait a minute... you said that I could stop. Rule changer!